Sales and Sponsorship Account Executive
We are looking for a dynamic addition to join the sales team with our sports marketing agency, finding advertising and sponsorship partners for our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about digital sales and marketing while taking a consultative approach when dealing with prospective clients. You should be tenacious in your approach to finding new business while valuing the creation of long-term partnerships.
You will work with our Sales Director and the rest of our team in generating new revenue for our clients. You should be positive, solution-oriented, and comfortable working in a fast-moving, small-company environment. Knowing the baseball industry — particularly down to the grassroots levels of amateur baseball — puts you ahead of the competition.
You will have the opportunity to develop more sophisticated sales presentations and to work with clients of all types and sizes, from local businesses to national brands. We also value contributions across our digital media, sales and marketing strategies.
The position is available immediately, with compensation based on experience. In a perfect world, this position would work in our Durham, N.C., office, but we will also consider candidates who would work remotely.
- Prospecting and developing new business on a consistent basis
- Establishing credibility with brands endemic to the baseball industry
- Meeting with clients in person and by phone (or other remote means) to determine their needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Developing proposals and effectively presenting them to clients
- Working with ad operations to deliver campaigns and generate reporting for clients
- Supporting the Sales Director with administrative tasks
- Staying current with industry trends both in sports and media
- At least two years of advertising/sponsorship sales experience
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated success in developing, maintaining and growing relationships with new businesses
- A high degree of self-motivation and accountability, with the ability to work on your own and in a team environment
- Experience selling across the digital media landscape, from standard digital ad units to custom ideas
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Adobe and Microsoft product suites, as well as CRM systems, is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
Hours: Full-time position, mostly during standard business hours; does require occasional travel and working outside normal days/hours
Compensation: Salary plus commission, commensurate with experience
Interested? Apply Below