Sports Marketing Internship
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our sports marketing agency and provide creative assistance with marketing and content creation projects, both for us and our clients.
Helium Agency is based in Durham, N.C., and works with media outlets including Prep Baseball Report and D1 Baseball, as well as brands like Dick’s Sporting Goods, Mizuno and Wilson.
You will work with our Director of Digital Operations and the rest of our team in preparing and curating digital marketing content for our clients. Your contribution will help develop, expand and maintain email and social media channels for us and our partners.
You will gain skills and experience in digital marketing and content creation, and learn about digital media, sales and marketing strategies. You’ll get experience in writing and editing, creating effective social media and web content, and optimizing and organizing it.
The position is available immediately, and runs through the end of the year. In a perfect world, the person in this position would work in our Durham, N.C., office, but we will also consider candidates who would work remotely.
(These touch on some of the key needs but should not be considered all-encompassing)
- Create social media and website graphics
- Finding images online
- Editing images
- Using images to create graphics, or creating standalone graphics
- Edit and create audio and video content
- Taking podcast audio and turning it into short video clips
- Clipping together short videos for use on social media or other outlets
- Create, edit and organize web content
- Internal linking
- Image editing
- Basic SEO optimization
- Support the Director of Digital Operations in daily administrative tasks
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms beyond simply posting
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Spark preferred
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles is a plus
Hours: Part-time, estimated 15-20 hours per week
Compensation: Hourly payment and/or university credit (if applicable)
Interested? Apply Below